Once you’ve made the decision to work with a mortgage broker you then have to decide which one to go with. You can simply pick one based on proximity to you or based on a quick Internet search, but we think that the decision about who you trust to help you make one of the biggest decisions of your financial life, is more important than that. Take time to interview mortgage brokers to see if you have a connection.
Here are some signs that you have found the right fit:
- They meet with you quickly. If you have a hard time setting up a time to connect, you are not a priority
- They don’t guarantee you the lowest rate, rather they negotiate the best rate and terms most appropriate for your current financial position
- They talk with you about your long-term and short-term financial goals… not just about the mortgage
- They ask a lot of questions
- They come prepared with current information
At the end of the day, you have to go with your gut, but a little research can go a long way to pointing your gut in the right direction. To get you started, learn a little about Mike Ufkes right now.
MyQ is Quality. MyQ is Qualified. MyQ is Quick. MyQ is Mike U.